By: Danny Rasmussen // You may have been shocked to learn that your favorite rock star (Brandon Flowers) or your favorite DJ (KASKADE) is Mormon. But what about your favorite Christmas elf?? ***We hope you’ll forgive us for the levity of this post. We couldn’t help ourselves.
1. He’s known for being happy.
A 2012 Gallup poll found that Mormons and Jews are the happiest religious groups in the United States.
2. He doesn’t know how to swear.
3. He LOVES sugar.
4. He’s not afraid to talk to strangers.
I wonder where he served his mission?
5. He’s exceptionally good at arts and crafts.
Just search “mormon” on Pinterest or Etsy and see for yourself.
6. Like early Mormon pioneers, Buddy walked long distances through freezing conditions to find a place where he belonged.
7. He spreads cheer wherever he goes.
Hey, so do these guys!
8. He loves singing.
9. He runs away from naked women to whom he’s not married.
Nice to know that someone was paying attention during the Sunday School lesson about Joseph in Egypt fleeing from Potiphar’s wife.
10. He owns his weirdness.
That’s what we Normons are all about!
11. He’s surprisingly good at basketball.
Jimmer, Jabari and the #1-ranked Lone Peak High School basketball team are proof.
12. He doesn’t always fit in.
13. He wants everyone to be on the nice list.
14. His charm inspired a musical.
Elf: the Musical doesn’t have as many Tony awards as The Book of Mormon, but it’s impressive nonetheless.
15. He consistently goes out of his way to serve others.
Mormons have been found to be some of the most “pro-social” members of American society. We do our best to dedicate our time and talents to serving our families, our church members, and our communities.
16. People accuse him of being delusional but, as it turns out, he’s not.
And neither are we Mormons. 😉