Name: Jason Woodward
Went to: Brigham Young University
Lives in: New York City
Works in: Marketing and Brand Strategy
I grew up in Idaho but somehow never added “driving a tractor” to my set of life skills. My mom is a dark-skinned diva from Peru (thanks for the tan) and my dad is a white redheaded guy with freckles (I love you pops, but please don’t wear shorts anymore). I love making trip videos (like this) and am paradoxically addicted to both exercise and Reese’s Pieces. And I get way too into karaoke.
The best thing about my life is the people in it: I have wonderful friends and an amazing family, and not a day goes by when I don’t feel incredibly fortunate. I’ve dissected religion and my beliefs through the lens of every relevant “–ology” imaginable and have emerged with a humbler, more thoughtful faith. The gospel possesses a very real, transformative power that I cannot deny, and my life is continuously enriched and beautified as I strive to live its precepts.
• The April 2016 General Conference Starting Lineup
• Dealing with Doubt Part 1: Why faith is like love—bound, not blind
• I Believe Evolution is More Than “Just A Theory” …Can I Still Be Mormon?
• Normon Love Part 2: Five Fun Facts about Mormon Dating
• What’s the Deal with the Magic Underwear?